Monday, March 8, 2010

The Silence is deafening...

Anyone BESIDES me think that is the DUMBEST phrase ever created. Maybe it's because EVERY english student uses that very phrase in a poem at ONE time or another. Admit it, you've all done it. I'm mean, come on, it's a very usefull description...of very little. Silence is not deafening. It can be suffocating. It can be overwhelming. It can even be at times unbearable. But silence is not, and will never be, DEAFENING...aiya.

Anyways, still no news from my university of choice. Whatever the reason for their lack of communication, I'm sure it's good. Cause if it's not, I may have a bone to pick with them. However, I have finally completed another application to another school. And things are looking up. My bet is I'll apply to this other school, pay the $75 application fee, and then get regally accepted to BYU. It's gonna happen, you watch reader.

In other news, March is break up month. Well, not for me. And not for everyone. But for enough people it is. Everything you once believed in will come crashing down around your ears. WHY? Because, quite frankly, it's March. No one likes March. Even if your birthday is IN March, you don't like it. Look at the facts, March is in the awkward, teenage-like, season change. Where it can't decide whether to be spring or to be winter. And so we end up with a soggy cross between the too. Further more, i'm going to loose an hour of sleep soon, not so pleased about that.

Oh, and Oh CANDA everyone, is gonna be changed from the grammatically correct, yet sexist "In all our sons command" to the equality enforcing, yet grammatically flawed "In all of us command".....? WHAT? Even if that phrase made the LEAST bit of sense, I'd still not understand. Exactly WHY is everyone SO uptight about the word son?? I bet if the word was daughter, and sons were excluded, NO ONE WOULD SAY ANYTHING. I am all for equality don't get me wrong. I think it's great, but really...changing the words to a grammatically flawed statement...in our national anthem...seems a little...I dunno...off to me. But, who am I to say, let's change it...what can we loose???

So, that's it folks,
Signing off,
DG

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha Rylan you entertaining boy, I like your idea about March and teens! I though only I was the one who dipped his feet on the pool that is blogging

    ReplyDelete