Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Divergent and Convergent Planes...of interest

J'avais voulu ecrire mon blog en francais aujour'dhui mais...j'ai decide ecrire en anglais. Although, i should try and do that one of these days...maybe...

My english class has finally started one my most beloved units of ALL time, POETRY! WAIT READER! COME BACK! I know, I know, people HATE dealing with poetry. Poetry is hard to understand. It's hard to write, and ABOVE ALL, it's just a bunch of drivel on a page.

MAIS NON! C'est belle, c'est magnifique! Je l'adore!

-oh sorry about that, back to english-

Poetry is SO much more. Really it's just a way of writing that is attempted by many, and failed by many. Very few can successfully write a powerful poem. I certainly cannot. My poems, from time to time, are good enough to write twice, however that rarely happens. Most of the time, I'd give MY poems a good 4 out 6. Nothing more.

Of course there are those with NATURAL talent when it comes to the english language, and to them, I say: Vous avez recu un cadeau spectaculaire, et j'espere que vous le savez!

Alright, enough of the french...

Ce blog est fini maintenant, au revoir.
DG

P.S. here is a poem i wrote:

Amber Chang likes this:
Who, pray tell, is Amber Chang? What does she like?
What is "this" and who is she? Another captured soul, no doubt,
within this complex spider web, a network of lines,
Of sticky strands, linking others refusing to be free;
Like the frog in boiling water, contented not to jump, he likes the heat.
Oh Facebook, thou art a heartless mistress!

No comments:

Post a Comment