Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics, It's off to a FLAMING start

The olympic torch. It's finally coming home, to light the cauldren and to start the olympic games off with a bang...well hopefully more of a wooosh as the gas takes light...not a bang...

Today, there were many local torch celebrations. Each with their own flare and ideas. The torch passed many local schools, activity centers, malls and other such places. I was priviledged to witness the torch pass our school at the blissfully wonderful hour of 7 am. Needless to say the hype was more exciting then the actual torch viewing.

In other places, like Coquitlam and Burnaby, a multitude of people and parties were taking place. In Coquitlam dancers of all enthic backgrounds danced, and then in the end danced in a finale. It was suberb. I was not IN these celebration per say. I WAS in a celebration at metrotown, which was extremely fun and there was QUITE the crowd. I didn't attend the coquitlam one, but I heard the stories of those who did, who stated that is was certainly a good time.

So world, it's here. The torch has arrived. And that means there is only ONE MORE SLEEP TIL THE OLYMPICS OFFICIALLY START! -holy moly- I bet there a many sleep deprived people freaking out at the very thought. I will be able to tell you more "olympic stories" as the happen. But for now I'll have to keep my knowledge to my self. Granted of course, once they are past, i'll let the WHOLE WORLD KNOW!!!

So stay tuned, cause there will be a lot more coming over the next 2 weeks. Olympic madness here i COME!

Signing Off,
DG

1 comment:

  1. i wish you did the coquitlam dance it was WAYWAY more fun, and! you got to see sara fall on her face :)


    -EMILIE NUNEZ <3333

    ReplyDelete