Monday, November 1, 2010

The Call of November

Trust me it beckons loudly. Despite the weeping...the wailing...the gnashing of teeth or the overabundance of complaining...November has arrived. Rather violently too. Not that anyone really cares. Seeing as time just keeps going leaving all the rest of behind wondering how in the world we are supposed to cope.

Nevertheless, here we are sitting in November and about to reach the second day of this rather unforgiving month. Mid-terms, finals, assignments, and attempting to get enough sleep. It's all in the overly complicated dance we like to call: The November Struggle. Ok fine it sounds more like a wrestling move than a dance but i'm not having a very creative day with names.

In other news, i've discovered that people have no clue what they are supposed to be doing with their holidays. Remembrance Day, is a flop down in the states with the barely thought about Veterans Day. Thanksgiving is a four day holiday that basically leaves with little to do and homework to catch up on. Other holidays that my be celebrated by other nations are promptly ignored thanks to this month, and the beautiful day of horrendous sales known as Black Friday attacks confused holiday-ers every time. However, I have no plan of participating in this American Ritual.

And just so all my American readers don't think i'm hating on America, I'd don't. I'm sure there is SOMETHING good about your nation. I'm just still trying to find out what that is EXACTLY...so just give me a little bit more time. It'll come to me.

This is a short blog tonight people, I really don't have that much to say. I'm just trying to keep myself awake...I figure that is a worthwhile cause, and good excuse as to why I can't think of anything witty or sarcastic to say. Ah well. I might have to blog later in the week when I'm more alert and ready to tell the world my true thoughts and feelings.

Signing Off,
DG

No comments:

Post a Comment