Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Times and Measures

Well, this has been quite a weekend. So intense, that I've had to wait a whole 4 days to blog about it, and I'm sure that each of you Faithful Readers have been waiting on baited breath for it. So, you can let out your air, because I'm here and there is no need to worry.

This weekend I was in Nevada. Now, I know that when I say this, most of you will instantly think Las Vegas. As of this moment I have yet to be to Las Vegas, although I think if I'd only go there if I was in the mood to enslave myself to at least 3 unhealthy and socially condemned addictions. Of course, naturally, you're mind instantly shifts to Reno and again I disappoint. Although I can't help feeling that Reno is a wannabe Las Vegas...and if that is the case, Reno it's time you raise your standard and stop trying to give into peer pressure. No, rather, i was in a small town called Mesquite. It is a quaint town, that again is trying to be a mini-Vegas...but I think fails more then Reno. Granted I've never been to Reno. Nestled in the Virgin Valley, Mesquite is a picture-esque town embodying the essence of Nevada: DESERT!

I'm still confused as to why people chose to cultivate in that area, however, seeing as that I am not the end all be all in when humans live, i'll simply keep my opinions to myself.

We were doing a show that was highly eventful. The show went well, and we pleased our audience, despite a few minor mishaps, namely a hat to the face or a 30 second pause of the show right near the end...and some other rather entertaining mistakes. But needless to say, the people loved us and were not afraid to tell us so. It's a nice feeling being loved.

Then we drove home.

Upon arriving home, we all slept because we were pooped and a little shell shocked. Interesting things occurred on the roads between Mesquite and Utah...things that shall not be repeated because pretty much everyone knows the story...and posting that story on the internet seems a little harsh. Although, I'm sure that if you haven't heard the story, it simply means you don't get out much and need to associate yourself with real people a little bit more. Nothing a little time outside the house can't fix. SO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND MOVE YOUR MUSCLES!

Oh, and if you are desperate to hear the story...find someone who knows about it. GOOD LUCK!

It'll be a new show next week, I'll keep you posted.

Signing Off,
DG

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I already know the story.

    Or else I would have been really disappointed. Lol.

    ReplyDelete