Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SUE SYLVESTER IS BACK!

We've been missing her for months. We've rehashed her lines over a million times, and they never seem to get old. Miss. Sue Sylvester forced her way into her hearts with lines like "I broke my blender, making a smoothie out of whale bones." and "I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face" and of course "and that's how Sue "C"s it" and never released its death grip.

So when I turned on my crappy internet connection to the new glee episode I was pleased to see that my favourite, heartless cheerleading coach was back, and ready to destroy another 3 months of wonderful gleeing. Yes, I was pleased beyond belief. Oh and the songs were good too.

But, once you get past the whole heartwarming effect of glee, you sadly realize reality goes on...why? I would MUCH rather prefer to have people singing random covers over semi-popular songs, faking pregnacies, lying about baby fathers, and above all a crazy group of teachers who just don't seem to get it that glee club isn't everything. Yeah, that DOES sound pretty sweet, but alas this is not the case. Instead I have to fight the war of Pop or Chocolate Fountain...to which everyone wants chocolate fountain...to which I say that's $90 i'll never see again. But then again, what's grad compared to fictional characters on the brink of constant drama? Nothing! THANK YOU GLEE, for helping keep perspective.

But really folks, lets look at the wonderful world of grad for a moment. It's ONE NIGHT! A night of wonderful memories that you can't put a price tag on...that I have no problem with. But why are people SO WILLING to fork over large amounts of money for things that will only stand around and look nice? For instance, lets examine this chocolate fountain for a moment. It's gonna look nice. It's going to arrive RIGHT at 8. And it will have enough fruit to feed us. But then what? We end up with a nice looking fountain that serves no purpose because there is nothing to DIP into the boil mass of steaming chocolate. However, I still end up having to PAY for it to take up space...that's $12 a person...bumping your meal from $75 to $87. In my mind, it will only end up looking pretty...but be completely useless. I could be wrong...but when I can spend $7 for unlimited soft drinks and only have a meal of $82, that in my mind will prove to be a better "bang for you buck". Memories may not be formed over the softdrinks, but there won't be very many more memories formed over the chocolate fountain either...

Food for thought.

Signing off,
DG

No comments:

Post a Comment