Friday, February 25, 2011

What Else is There to Do?

So, it's the night before the big 10 day tour of Northern California and the surrounding area. What does this mean? Basically it means dancing for 10 days straight...more or less...and hoping that legs, arms, other semi-important limbs don't lose feeling or become engorged with pain. Yes, engorged. And how does one prepare for this amazing extravaganza of almost biblical proportions???

By not sleeping.

Yes, Faithful readers, you are well aware about the fact that Sleep and I haven't been able to make our troubled relationship work. More to the point, SLEEP hasn't been able to get her act together and forgive me. So in reality, it's all sleep's fault. I've TRIED making peace with her...but NOOOO...she's just too stubborn. Well, tonight I've decided that i'm just going to let sleep be alone tonight, and see how much she likes it. And trust me, she'll come crawling back...either that or the divorce will be finalized...Hm...with sleep and I fighting so much this might make for a very interesting trip.

-SLEEP HATE-

But i am excited for this trip, despite the fact that sleep and I don't see eye to eye. And even though i'll be missing 10 days of school, i'm at peace...because I know that at least I won't be the only one who will be suffering from "post-tour stress and catch-up" or PTSACU! Yes, another rather violent acronym when said together. (See previous blog about assumptions).

But, of course sleep deprivation and stress always makes one extremely cranky. But, i vow to be a completely lovely and joyful person on this tour...well...maybe...engh....no. Pfft, why should i be happy. I'll leave that to those who never let anything get them down. Oh and by the way people who are constantly happy: I HOPE YOU STAY HAPPY! STAY HAPPY DESPITE ALL THE DEPRESSING FACTS OF LIFE! JUST TRY AND STAY HAPPY! I DARE YOU!

Ha, now all the spiteful happy people will be depressed...-evil laugh-

So, it's off to Northern California. It's off to 10 days of dancing. It's off to making new friends and getting to know a group of people so well that i'll forget what it's like not be with them all the time. It's going to be great! AND I'M EXCITED! (And i'll try and work out my issues with sleep...i'm currently getting the silent treatment...cold shoulder isn't going to work, sleep...so don't try!)

More to come,

Signing Off,
DG

No comments:

Post a Comment